I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. Madam Benoit

People always say the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen , nor touched , nor heard but are felt in the heart . But for food it's all in it's looks, flavours and taste.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Marble Cake

After succeeding in making chocolate cake I felt more confident and today I baked a marble cake.
See my cutie marble cake……..



Don’t u feel like eating this lovely cake?




I felt eating it up the very moment I baked it.
Soon after the cake was made I took the picture of it and mailed my husband. I told him that I can’t wait so long for him and that I’ll finish it up. He then started mailing me pleading not to eat and that we can cut it together. I didn’t agree. Just thought of kidding him. But at last I assured him that I’ll not touch it until he comes.
Try this out definitely… the recipe is below.

Milk - 1 cup
Butter - 50gm
Powdered sugar - 2 cups
Eggs - 2
Plain flour (Maida) - 2 cups
Coco Powder – 1 tablespoon
Baking powder - 2 teaspoon
Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
Heat the milk till it boils. Add Butter to it.
Beat the eggs. Add powdered sugar to it. Beat until it become soft.
Mix the flour and baking powder, add this to the egg mixture.
Again add milk-butter mixture and vanilla essence to it. Mix well.

Divide and keep the batter in two dishes.
Mix coco powder to one of the dish and mix well.Now pour the batter into a buttered baking dish from each of the dishes slowly as below.






Microwave in power P8 (80%) for 7-8 minutes. Let it to cool for sometime. Turn the cake upside down. Decorate it with cherries. Have it with evening tea.




2 comments:

  1. Feel like eating this cake...I will surely try this one when i get time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to knw about this site from sujesh... This cake is awesome.. wanna go thru each and every recipee... i m sooo eager to read and try each one of it... U R Koool!! this cake looks the best out of all of them.. the others are indeed great!

    ReplyDelete

Sumi - Please Leave your Comments here.... I love to hear from you about this!!!!