I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. Madam Benoit

People always say the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen , nor touched , nor heard but are felt in the heart . But for food it's all in it's looks, flavours and taste.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chutney Powder

This is quite familiar in markets now. But personally I feel home made chutney powder is tastier than packed ones. The aroma itself reveals its quality. I learned this recipe from my in laws. Infact my husband likes this more than having chutney. So I always make this and store it.


















The recipe is

Black Gram (uzhunu parippu) - 1 cup
White Rice – 1 cup
Bengal Gram (Potu Kadala ) – 100 gm
Red chilies – 100 gm
Curry leaves – 100 gm
Asafoetida (Kayam) – 3 tsp
Salt to taste

Simply fry the above ingredients in a pan until it becomes partially brown in colour.
Allow it to cool.
Grind it and store in a jar.

Mix a portion of chutney powder with coconut oil and have it along with Idili or Dosa








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sumi - Please Leave your Comments here.... I love to hear from you about this!!!!