I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. Madam Benoit

People always say the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen , nor touched , nor heard but are felt in the heart . But for food it's all in it's looks, flavours and taste.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Egg Fried rice





I’m a great lover of Chinese foods. So whenever we dine out I always choose Chinese restaurants.

Well, one thing I’ve noticed is that fried rice in different hotels varies in taste and color. I’ve tried this so many times to get that original Chinese flavor which I have tasted from restaurants. I wish I could peep into a Chinese kitchen and learn the recipe.

Yesterday I prepared this dish for dinner and my husband managed to bring chicken from the restaurant and we ended up in having a grand dinner.

I didn’t include Ajinomoto/china grass. This pinch of ajinomoto is the taste enhancer of food in Chinese restaurants. If you wish you can add that.




Here is my recipe.

Cooked Rice – 1 1/2 cup.
Eggs - 2
Chopped capsicum – 1
Chopped Onions – 1
Chopped Carrots -1
Chopped Garlic – a bit
Spring onions – a few
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Soya Sauce – 2 tablespoon
Red chilly sauce – 2 tablespoon
Oil as required
Salt to taste

Heat some oil in a pan. Fry the eggs, Stir and break it up.
Add garlic and rice (For cooking 1 ½ cup rice use only 2 cups of water. After cooking keep it in refrigerator so that it won’t stick together). Stir well.
Add capsicum, onions and carrots.
Add Soya sauce and red chilly sauce. Stir well.
Add pepper and salt.
Stir for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
Garnish it with spring onions. Serve hot with chicken.

3 comments:

  1. Avinash :- [17th march 2009]
    Woh... I tried preparing the Egg Fried rice, as i was a great fan of Chinese Dishes.Thanks for providing such a easy and fantastic recipe for my preparation.Please follow the above steps of preparation only.Its simple and efficient.I bet you will be 100% satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. add some veg: dishes .plzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnx for this reciepe. It was gorgeous .

      Delete

Sumi - Please Leave your Comments here.... I love to hear from you about this!!!!