I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. Madam Benoit

People always say the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen , nor touched , nor heard but are felt in the heart . But for food it's all in it's looks, flavours and taste.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Easy Cake For You

Few days back me with my hubby went on a trip to a near by place. To my surprise he arranged a candle light dinner for me.I felt so sweet of him and really wanted to cook something special for him after that. I was quite good with south Indian daily recipes ,hence I wanted to try out some other items. I searched net and found lot of cooking sites. but really got perplexed with all.

I called up some of my friends who were into cooking long back and collected some good stuffs.
I got a simple recipe for baking cakes . But things mentioned in that were not in handy and so I made changes and tried out . It taste good with awesome flavour.


The recipe is very easy to cook

Milk - 1 cup
Butter - 100gm
Powdered sugar - 2 cups
Eggs - 2 ( maximum of 4 if you like the taste)
Plain flour (Maida) - 2 cups
Baking powder - 2 teaspoon
Vanilla essence - 1/2 teaspoon

Heat the milk till it boils. Add Butter to it.
Beat the eggs. Add powdered sugar to it. Beat until it become soft.
Mix the flour and baking powder, add this to the egg mixture.
Again add milk-butter mixture and vanilla essence to it. Mix well.Pour the batter into a buttered baking dish. Microwave in power P8 (80%) for 7-8 minutes. Let it to cool for sometime. Turn the cake upside down and decorate it .Please note that it should not be over burned. So check in between. The very first time I made this heat was more and my dish was very hard. so second time when I tried I took a special care so that cake will remain soft.
I wanted to put cherries for decorating my cake but it was not available with me and I managed with cashews. I think this stuff will be useful to them who are quite new to the baking!!!!


1 comment:

  1. My wife prepared the same for me and it was simply awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sumi - Please Leave your Comments here.... I love to hear from you about this!!!!