I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation. Madam Benoit

People always say the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen , nor touched , nor heard but are felt in the heart . But for food it's all in it's looks, flavours and taste.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Eruvulli with Beetroot

I tasted this first time when I had lunch in my sister’s house. Her in-laws had made this as a side dish. I couldn’t ask them about the recipe as they were all busy with different stuffs. After that I tried preparing the same many times. Each time it ended in different flavors. Finally one day I succeeded in reproducing that original taste which I was searching for.
















Here is the recipe for that
Grated Beet root – 1
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilies - 3
Curd - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Curry leaves - A few
Oil – As required
Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Mustard – A pinch
Tamarind water – ¼ cup

Heat some oil in a pan. Add grated beet root, chili powder and turmeric powder.
Add tamarind water when beetroot is half cooked.
Add salt and coconut paste (grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, water).
Simmer for 3 minutes. Beat the curd and add it. Mix well. Switch off the flame.
Prepare seasoning in the pan by adding ingredients one by one (mustard, curry leaves, redchillies). Add it to the gravy. Serve with rice.


1 comment:

  1. Hi sumi... i tried this today.. we both loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Sumi - Please Leave your Comments here.... I love to hear from you about this!!!!